Friday, February 21, 2014

Back In The Game---- Couponing....

Hello Everyone!
It has been awhile since I have done a couponing entry & I haven't really "couponed" a lot for the past few months, but I'm finally getting back started again & one of my big trips was Food Lion. The Other Was Kroger.


FOOD LION
This is one of the greatest deals I have seen on powerade in a VERY long time.
I did not get these items free, but I did get them at an impressive discount!
Here are 45 powerades for $10
Here's the breakdown:
ON SALE for .89c
Food Lion had a deal going on Buy 15 participating products get $10 off. We did multiple transactions throughout the week.    

.89c X 15= $13.35-$10= $3.35
.89c X 45= 40.05- $30= $10.05 (.22c each)   
 Here is another deal I did at Food Lion a few days ago with the same promotion they had going on.
Here are 15 boxes of cakemix for  $4.85
Here's the breakdown:
ON SALE for .99c
Food Lion had a deal going on Buy 15 participating products get $10 off. This was of course 1 transaction.

.99c X 15= $14.85- $10= $4.85 (.32c each)

KROGER
I don't have a photo but I did save 54% this past week on groceries that included:
4 Alfredo sauces
6 bags of M & Ms
4 Hershey Bars
1 Bathroom Cleaner
1 Colgate Toothpaste
4 toothbrushes
1 Kroger Laundry Soap
3 yogurts
5 frozen meals
1 bag of frozen snacks
1 cinnamon rolls
7 loafs of bread
1 monster energy drink
2 bottles of tums
1 box of tampons
2 bags of frozen vegetables
1 box of cereal
1 bottle of syrup
2 bottles of toilet cleaner

I don't have my receipt to tell you what each thing cost original and on sale and what coupons I used, however; I did have a coupon for FREE toothpaste, FREE laundry soap, FREE cereal, and FREE bread :)

My total cost was: $127.00 w/tax
My total cost AFTER coupons and Sales was: $58.88
TOTAL SAVED: $69  or 54% :)
and if you look at it by how many items and the cost of each one= 48 items = $1.44 each item

A lady behind us decided to watch and even though the total didn't come down to $0.00 "like she saw on the tv" I was still happy to hear her say "Please do my grocery shopping!" :)

More couponing entries soon :)


-Mel

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mel! Wonderful job with the couponing! Looks like you got a lot of neat things.
    Eh, I was never into Powerade. It was "advertised" heavily at my high school, but I was a bad and attached to my Coca-Cola instead.
    I've tried to get into couponing... but I've only found coupons on things I don't use. But I'll continue looking and working on it. I'm sure I'll find something that I use eventually.
    Are these coupons you get in the mail, by the way? The coupons I get in the mail don't really help me all that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca :)
      It took me 2.5 years to actually get into couponing. I get a lot of my coupons online at coupons.com or in the state paper (I buy 4 each Sunday). The FREE coupons I received in the mail from Kroger because I guess I'm in there system with things I buy the most (I have a 3 year supply of toothpaste (after donating) that I never had to pay for) and also facebook has stuff too! I use The Krazy Coupon Lady and Southernsavers.com to find and match deals online :)

      Delete