Monday, September 23, 2013

Get Crafty...Birthday Parties. Growing Up. Cards and Scrapbooking....

Hello All! It has been a little while since I have written :/ Figured I'd be better at keeping up with this blog, but crafting, couponing, being a mommy, and being a wife has started "getting in the way" :)

 On September 9th, Christopher turned 3 years old! When I gave birth I was told "time flys" but I never thought it would go by so fast. Before i know it he will be in Kindergarten. :/ We had a small birthday party for him on the 7th, and he FINALLY ate birthday cake. We tried for the past 2 years to get him to try it, but he really doesn't like sweets. I guess that is a good thing :) He would much rather have veggies and fruit! :)

He received some clothes, a Mater truck, and a $25 GC from his Aunt Nicole, Uncle Bryan, and Cousin William.
He received $20 in the mail from his G.Grandma Susie and G.Grandpa Brewer.
He received Cars and a race track floor mat from
Mom and Kevin.
He received an Art Set from his Aunt Debbie and Chris.
He received a Coloring Set and Toy Story Camera from his Aunt Deb, Uncle Mike, and Cousins Jake, Megan and Miranda.
He received $3 in the mail from his G. Grandma and G. Grandpa Anderson (They go by age :))
And he received a Cars duffel bag, Cars Pillow, Bolt DVD, and a Kids Camera from Chris and I.

He had a WONDERFUL birthday. I really missed my mom that day though.

On the 10th he went for his 3 year old checkup. He didn't need shots, but he did get his finger pricked to check his hemo-globin levels and his white blood cell count. Both were fine :) He is also 3ft 1in tall and weighs 29lbs.

I have finally gotten all my scrapbooking stuff inside the house, and situated and semi-organized. I'm sure Becca has gotten this card by now, so I can share it :) This was her Thank you card I made her, because I finally got our notebook in the mail :)

I used some plan Blue Paper, and Yellow Paper (for the sun). For the hills I used 3 different types of scrapbooking paper (unfortunately I cannot remember what brand.) 3 buttons. Some ribbon from a gift of Christopher's when I had his baby shower. And Thank You was printed out from my Cricut! I also used a butterfly stamp. And some glitter glue (because you can NEVER have enough glitter, and it brought everything out)

I also have gotten REALLY behind in my scrapbooking, and a lot of my scrapbooking pages I have made in the past when I left them in a box outside for a year :/ Luckily--- everything can be replaced easily for me! :)
Here is a layout of Ultrasounds when I was pregnant with Christopher. I also put the pregnancy test I used when I found out I was pregnant. (I love digital pregnancy tests, but one's like these are awesome... especially when they haven't really faded!)



Here is a layout from Christopher's first trip to a "Pumpkin patch" (It was at a nearby church) We picked out 3 pumpkins that year.










I also have been making Christmas cards. A lot of people assume it is too early, however; with a busy schedule, it's the perfect time for me to craft them. That way after we get pictures taken, I can put them in an envelope and send them out! I have made 15 so far, and I have 15 more to go. They're all different, so no one will get the exact same one. They're all unique! So Amy and Becca... You know what you'll be getting this Christmas! :)




Well... This is really all I have been up to. :) Hope you have a great Monday!

-Mel

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday to Christopher! I can't believe that he is three years old already. :D

    Aw, I like reading about how you made my card. That's awesome! And I do love glitter... I've loved it ever since middle school. Thanks again for the card!

    Hmm... I know that scrapbooking is individual, but one thing that I've noticed about the pages I did in February are a lot of photos and not so much of a layout. Maybe I need to do more layout and less photos? But then, I do like doing the photos.I'll keep you updated the next time I do scrapbooking. Of course, I don't have a Cricut or anything fancy yet... I'm not buying a Cricut unless I'm planning to get into scrapbooking all the time... I didn't realize how expensive they are. Yikes.

    Have a good day, Mel!

    ReplyDelete