Friday, March 13, 2015

Medical Update, PT, Work, Chris & Little Man...

Hello Everyone!
 
MEDICAL UPDATE
 
I'm 3 weeks post-op today! I got my steri-strips finally off & my knee is looking great! I'm recovering really well & PT has been going really good.
I go to PT 3 times a week (Usually Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays)
My pain has been between 1 and 3 which is WONDERFUL! I have been trying really hard to beg and plead to get my crutches off, but unfortunately I cannot until I go and see my doctor on April 2nd. That will be my 6 week Post-Op visit. My Physical Therapist Breck said that I should be getting my immobilizer off that day & put into a smaller brace. He also said Dr. Guy may decide to take me off one of my crutches. He will also be scheduling me for more PT. I will have 6 more weeks of that, and then I will be going back to the Dr for my 12 Week Post Op visit. I'm unsure of anything after that.
 
I will also be talking to Dr. Guy about the possibility of a second surgery again this year. I'm not positive if I will be having it this year or not. It all depends on if he wants to do it or not & if so, then I have to talk to my lawyer about that. It will be on my Left knee. The same surgery I had on my right.
I found out the actual name of the surgery I had: Distal Re-alignment Surgery
 
WORK
 
Finally after getting all pending orders out the door, I have finally re-opened my etsy shop. I'm adding a few things at a time, so that I don't get overwhelmed & Chris has been so wonderful helping me get everything printed & cut so that I can ship out anything that is ordered right away.
Right now I have a few "Planner stickers" available & some really cute March Address Labels
 
You can get these @: http://creativedesigncorner.etsy.com
 
CHRIS
 
Chris has been doing well. The new Michaels store opens in May & I'm hoping he can apply for management soon. :)
 
CHRISTOPHER
 
Little man has been having a little trouble with my being in bed for 3 weeks, and he is having a really hard time adjusting. I just hope that he will understand later on in life that this was necessary & after I recover I will be able to play with him on the floor, be able to run with him outside & will be able to finally teach him how to ride a bike. It has been a long 3 years like this... and he's not used to Mommy being able to do all the fun things that most mommy's and daddies can do.
 
This is all for this week
 
-<3- Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Mel!
    I'm a little late with replying here! Hehe.
    I am glad that physical therapy is going well and that there have been improvements along the way. And that's great it's three times a week for you.
    Sounds great about the new Michaels opening in May. Any word on whether Chris applied for the management position?
    Have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete