Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's May! Couponing, Blog Challenges, Girls Night, Birthday Parties, Easter, Pictures, erin condren & a brand new quote for May....

Hello Everyone! Here we are at May! Already!!!! I keep feeling that this year keeps going by faster and faster. Last month I did a 30 day blog challenge & this month I will also be participating in a blog challenge :)
That will actually start today after this entry! :)

I have had an okay April, but to be honest I am super excited about May!

I started off my April right with a little couponing! We're getting ready for our trip to Gatlinburg in a few weeks, so the Kool-aid, BBQ sauce & TP will come in handy. I don't have the breakdown of this transaction; however it was originally $76 and I paid $23 :) (The bleach and laundry detergent in this photo was FREE)






I also got to celebrate my friend Christina's move back to South Carolina! (She is the lovely lady who does our family photos), She took me to Delaney's (I have never been), an Irish restaurant and bar.
Lets just say we had a ton of FUN :) (And I was in trouble when i got home with the hubs for spending a tad too much on alcohol)











We also were invited to Pey's 3rd Birthday party! :) Little man had fun playing with all the kids, eating popcorn & eating a cupcake (which she had a cupcake buffet where you could put your own toppings on them. There was gummy worms, nerds, and a few other fun things.)

We watched Pey open her gifts (we got her a lipgloss set & a dress up set with a bag)

Can't wait to see them at little mans construction themed party in September!

And of course we celebrated Easter with a Bang!!!! :) We visited with Nicole and William who came for Easter dinner, and the Easter bunny treated both boys VERY well!  Little man scored candy, a chocolate bunny, chocolate, socks, clothes, new sandals, 2 new backpacks, a growthchart, a puzzle and the lorax dvd. (that was just our half of the house) The other half of the house the Easter bunny left him a puzzle, candy, chocolate, clothes & he even left Chris and I a little something :)









Christina also did headshots for my etsy business & I am so happy with those! She did my hair and makeup and she even let me borrow some clothes (I hardly have dress up clothes, and the only make up I really own is eyeliner and mascara,)
My very favorite shot

We did these photos in the front year
She made me look so professional, yet still fun. Pin-up came to mind when I first saw myself in the mirror ;)
You can check out all of her great photos on FACEBOOK and on her website CALCORNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM just click those links, and it will bring you straight there! :)

And because I love erin condren & all of her wonderful stationary products, here is my newest beauty. My notebook specifically for my blog (so I can track when I am doing entries, reviews, or challenges)
Here she is! I found the birdies in the sorority section, but asked that the sorority letters be removed from the back side of the notebook. I got Melissa on the top line & A Day In The Life Of A Mommy on the bottom. I added a calendar which added $5 to my cost.

This notebook is $35 and with the extra calendar it cost $40. I paid $9.95 shipping, so the total for this notebook is: $49.95 which can seem pricey for a notebook, however; I used referral credits to make it FREE! That's right... FREE! If you would like to check out her amazing products & save $10 off your first purchase, you can use my referral link. She has such a high quality product and the customer service has really stepped up & became fantastic.

And because we have said goodbye to April & hello to May here is a brand new quote to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It's so awesome that you got great deals couponing and a FREE planner. Clay got me a lilly pulitzer one for my birthday and I use it every day for my to-do lists and stuff. I love it. they are pricey but it is so much better than an app or phone or online calendar, to me anyway. I just prefer print!

    The pictures of you are great! I hardly have dressy clothes or makeup either, mainly because I'm at home all day or either running and don't need clothes for that. I am trying to buy a few things when I can though, I look cute dressed up sometimes hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many erin condren products now! (And the most I ever paid for one, was $11.90 and that was for my life planner) I love all of her products so much & I love that you can use referral credits like gift cards :) I got my new address book in the mail today from her, and I can't wait to post the video to youtube & do a blog review. I probably should have done a review of my great life planner, but I'm going to wait until June/July when the new ones come out.
      I think it is important to put things on paper, considering my phone and computer have crashed more times than I can count with all the information I had saved gone.

      Thank you so much! I felt so pretty dressed up with makeup and different clothes. I guess others thought so too, because I have 60 likes on one of those photos heehee.

      I think I have seen a few photos of you on your cruise where you dressed up. They were very nice. I don't dress up much just because to be honest--- sometimes it is NOT comfortable. (especially in the hot and humid heat of SC)

      -Mel

      Delete