Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015

Happy New Year! 

We are in a new year, and I honestly am hoping to schedule in some blog entries at least once a week. They may not say much, but I may find some challenges to do or something... Just to keep you guys in check.

RESOLUTIONS
1. Begin paying off my student loan so I no longer have that debt. I have been in forbearance & deferment for a few years now because I was unable to set aside the $100 extra dollars a month I'll need to pay for them. 
2. Successfully complete the 52 Week Money Challenge. The 52 week money challenge (which you can google) is a way to save money so you can either 1. Put it in Savings for the New Year, 2. You can do what I'm going to be doing (Christmas Money) 3. Save for Vacation.... ect.
We're going to be doing the opposite of what it usually says. We're putting $52 aside this week! 
3. Begin looking at houses. I know it will be a few years before we're able to move out on our own again, however; I still like looking at the market and determine what we can afford.
4. Join a gym (I'm hoping this really happens. The only way this can happen though is if they fix my knee)

HEALTH
As every one knows by now I have been struggling with knee issues since I got hurt in December of 2011. They did the first surgery to my knee to fix Meniscus tears  in 2012, but my knee was still having issues. I have gone to court with my lawyer, and have finally won a case! (That was in 2014). I had an MRI on my birthday Dec. 30th & I have another Dr.'s Appt January 5th with Dr. Guy. I'm hoping this will give him some insight on what is happening on the "inside" of my knee. The X-Ray I was given showed my knee cap moved out of place and to the right instead of in the middle. I'm sure I will let everyone know the outcome after the 5th.

WORK
Chris is applying for a management position at a different store (hopefully) in February. This will give us the opportunity to save for a house! :)
I have kept busy making stickers! I enjoy it a lot, and it gives me a little bit of pocket money to help Chris pay the bills. I still get my weekly Workers Compensation check, but that check isn't enough to pay the amount of bills that we have.  2014 was a great First Year for my growing business, and I truly cannot wait to see what this year will bring!

LITTLE MAN
Believe it or not, but come Monday (The 5th) I will be calling the school to see when I need to bring him in for testing (It will be sometime in February) This will be a test for 4K (The grade before Kindergarten) I'm hoping that he will get in, and we can work on his social skills a little more. Without these social skills it will be difficult for him in Kindergarten. 

This is all for now, See you guys Next Week! :)


-Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Yes, I am the first comment for 2015! Yeah. :D

    Sorry to hear about your MRI. Going to the doctor on your birthday is not a good day. I went to the doctor on my 21st birthday for side pains, and on my 22nd birthday, I had to do the "female exam." Ick. I will have my next female exam soon, but at least it's a quick test. I don't think any woman looks forward to it though.

    Yeah, I'm covered in student debt too. My Dad is making my payments for me, which I feel super guilty about, so one of my goals for this year is to at least take the payments in my own hands. Because my Dad's retired you know? He's already got a lot on his hands, and I need to really be paying my loans. He tells me as soon as ai get a better-paying job.

    Thank you for the address labels. That was a nice gift. And I hope your next doctor appointment goes okay. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete