Thursday, January 15, 2015

CT Scan Results & Surgery Dates....

Today was my follow-up appointment from the CT scan I had last Friday.

Here is a photo of the lobby where USC Med is located :)

Dr. Guy is an amazing doctor, who really likes to dig deep and look for potential issues, even if one thing doesn't work the first time.
Starting this journey with him led me first to get an X Ray (which showed a knee cap dispacement in my Right Knee).

He then sent me to get a MRI done (which showed in-conclusive results because of the poor imaging)

He then sent me to get a CT scan at the same hospital. Today's results were almost what we expected to hear. He let me know that there is not much they can do for my knee at this time, except to operate on it because it has been so long. He didn't go into too many details of what he was doing (but basically, there will be three "cuts" in my knee. 2 holes, and one small slit along my Patella Bone/Tendon where he will move my bone over and knee cap over so they will be aligned in a straight line. My bone is at the left and my knee cap is towards the right.) What we did not expect to hear was that after this surgery... he will be looking at my LEFT knee... because that knee is worse than the right. I've been putting almost all of my weight on my left leg/knee because my right has hurt me so bad and has massive swelling. He will have to perform the same surgery on my LEFT knee as well (but that is not schedule yet, and will be determined)

My surgery has been scheduled for February 20th. This also all depends on Workers Comp & My Lawyer. I have a lot of faith that this will be taken care of, and that there will (hopefully) be no issues.

I hope everyone has had a pleasant week... and I am going to go back and lay down for a little bit.

Until Next Time

Melissa

4 comments:

  1. I have a problem with my knee cap not being aligned too... but mine only hurts on and off but when it bugs me real bad it will swell up and be very hard to put any pressure on it... and the doctor I went to pretty much told me to do physical therapy and other than that there was nothing else they could do....thankfully I haven't had any issues since almost a year ago Best of luck to you with your surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      I've been in PT for 3 years. And I had 1 surgery already (For torn Menisci)
      This is also my 5th Orthopaedic. I definitely would suggest getting a second opinion if it gets any worse.

      Thanks so much for replying! :)

      -Melissa

      Delete
  2. Hey Mel! I'm glad that you're getting some closure on this situation and figuring out more about your knee. There's nothing more frustrating than not getting any answers!

    I hope the surgery on February 20th goes okay. I'll be thinking of you! I've never had a CT scan, but I had a HIDA scan back in 2006 (kiwibox days!), and I was radioactive for a couple of days. Fascinating process. :P

    Well, hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca!
      I'm sending you a note on Tuesday! :)
      This has been such a long process. Initial Injury date was back December 23rd 2011!!!!

      Hope everything is going good with you! :)

      Delete