Sunday, July 7, 2013

How to save money with coupons, My July 4th, and a Disney Inspired Quote for this month....

I have officially been couponing for a MONTH! Every weekend on Saturday I have gone to a few stores and couponed and shopped sales. Not all of my trips were successful but that did not get me down. I learned from mistakes. I had GREAT moments too! I saved 34% of my shopping bill which = $181 that DID NOT COME OUT OF MY POCKET FOR GROCERIES! YAY! Any savings is AMAZING and you don't have to be an Extreme Couponer from TLC that disregards coupon policies or PAYS for services to get 200 coupons for mustard....

I am so happy to be a Krazy Coupon Lady in training!!! It is a lot of fun, and because I'm still a stay at home mom, I am able to spend a few hours getting my coupons clipped and ready, and looking at the store ads to make sure I'm getting a good deal. I ALWAYS use my coupons on items that are already ON SALE!  Unfortunately I don't really live close enough to places that double coupons every week, but then again I haven't tried yet. I have tried my hand a couponing at Food Lion, The Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Target, and Walmart.

Yesterday I did a little shopping, and was able to score a 43% savings at both Dollar General and Food Lion! I spent $17.83 and saved $13.35! I haven't tried shopping at drug stores yet. Maybe in a year after getting experience. Just seems a little difficult for me to understand fully, and I'm not big on doing 5-10 different transactions, especially if it is busy. I hate holding people up in line, and I feel like when I do I have to apologize...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 4th of July was alright! we couldn't afford fireworks this year, so we just hung out with family, eating tons of food, and drinking a little when the "sun" went down... (Actually it rained a little that day) :(

Our weather is NUTS here in SC!!!! Right now it is GORGEOUS out, but I think by 5pm it is supposed to storm again.... :/

Nicole, Bryan, and William came down to visit so we got to visit with them...

and now little man is a little sick :( He had a fever yesterday, most of the night, and now this afternoon he is doing a little better.

Well this is all for today!!! :)
Hope you guys have a great week!!!!



-Mel
(BY THE WAY I FIGURED I WOULD PUT A DIFFERENT QUOTE FOR THIS MONTH!!!)


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for couponing! I usually only post or blog when my savings are huge, but like you, most of the time my savings are like 30-40%... every little bit helps though. If you use your coupons on items that are on sale (most things go on sale every 6 weeks), you can really save some money!

    Glad you had a good fourth, fireworks are expensive I agree, so we mostly just watched other people's =).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually saved 55% at Dollar General the other day, which so far has been my best. I'll get the hang of it eventually! :)

      My in-laws spend about $1000 each year on fireworks, but this year my mother-in-law has not been working because of a work injury, so we have been really pinching pennies (hence the main reason why I started couponing).

      Have a great week!

      -Mel

      Delete