Monday, April 22, 2013

Family Fun Weekend, Movies On Main, Birthday Parties, and Unpacking....



Hello Everyone! I had a wonderfully FANTASTIC weekend!!!! Friday we went and visited my dad before the storms came through.
           On Saturday we went to a birthday party for Peyton (my friend Samantha's (now 2) year old daughter). Christopher had fun with all the kids!  We had cupcakes and hotdogs and chips. And Christopher got to see Peyton open all of her lovely gifts. We bought her a GC for Once Upon A Child and Christopher bought her a pretty little dress (so she can wear it on a "date" night with him :))

Saturday evening we went to Movies On Main. It was in Elgin (where we're living right now) so we didn't drive far. I did not know this wasn't there first year doing this, or else I would have done it last year as well--- but basically the town puts on a Podunk Parade and then we have activities and a movie at the end of the night. We brought some canned goods for a good cause, and we bought some  baked goods to help the local churches. We won a door prize! A T-shirt that says Movies on Main on it :) We also got free popcorn and water. The movie that played was HOP on this BIG blow-up projector screen. Christopher and I didn't make it too long after the movie started--- I was getting too cold, and he was getting really antsy. We enjoyed ourselves though, and the town of Elgin worked so hard to make sure we all had a great time. I am hoping they do it next year as well!

Sunday we spent most of our day unpacking more boxes that have been underneath the tarp. We're trying to convert all the things that are in boxes into totes, so they are easier to move around. We're still at our in-laws so we don't have much space to bring it all inside and place it, so we're keeping 90% of our stuff in totes until we can rent our own place.  Most of the things that I unpacked were part of my scrapbooking stuff. I have a lot of birthdays coming up that I need to make cards for, and I may be helping a friend of mine make a scrapbook soon, so I was attempting to search for my cricut cartridges.

Today we spent shopping. I had to go to the bank to deposit a check, and then we went to Michaels. I had to get some new mats so I could use my cricut machine. We also browsed around. We went to Applebees for some lunch, and then we went to Target to pick up some Sippy Cups. Then to family dollar to pick up another birthday gift for my mother-in-law and then finally home. I unpacked more scrapbooking boxes today, and tomorrow we'll clean up the bread machine, so that I can make some homemade bread. I'm also going to spend a lot of time at my desk, re-writing recipes and laminating them. I also have to go through some more pictures, and put them away. Along with some more cards. I also have some laundry to finish tomorrow.

Random Question of the day: "You've successfully slain the dragon! How will you toast your marshmallows?" LOL So cute! First off I would NEVER slay a dragon--- However; if I had I would toast my marshmallows by building a fire, because apparently I was use to roasting them by dragon fire? Heehee ;)


Well... This is all for today!!!!




-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment