Wednesday, April 3, 2013

For My Mother.

Hello Everyone! It's hard to believe that I have not done an entry since January. As most of my facebook friends know a lot has been happening, that kind of have prevented me from writing. I am ready now though.

My mother passed away February 13th 2013 at 6:38pm. My papa, my sister Dar, my brother Dave, my sister-in-law Elisha, My nieces Katrina and Cassidy, My husband Chris, and my son Christopher were all at the hospital that day. We said we loved her. We said our good-byes. We weren't sure when we took her off the ventilator whether she would make upstairs or not, or if she would last a few more days--- so we were trying to prepare for things if she were to go. She made it upstairs and not too long after she went to Heaven. She was lying in the hospital bed so peaceful. My papa placed a rose on her and my son (who doesn't understand) gave her a kiss and said "goodbye" to her as if he knew she was only there in spirit. I am the baby of the family, and it still doesn't feel all that real that she is gone. Especially now that Spring has arrived and she would have been planting a beautiful garden. Her memorial service was a special one. All of her family and friends that could be there--- were. I made a poster of pictures of her so everyone could see. And I made a slideshow and a music playlist. Cassidy and I sung 'Halo' by Beyonce. And I said a few words about her for everyone to hear. As I am typing this I still have tears running down my cheeks, but I know that she is in a wonderful place, building a beautiful garden in the sky for us all to see soon. She had the hardest six months that I can only imagine a person could have--- but she put on a brave face, and fought as hard as she could. By the end her cancer had taken over her lungs, and she could hardly breath. She was an amazing person. She loved her children, her friends, her husband, and her grand-children with every piece of heart she had. Now that she's gone I talk to the sky now. Everyday. I realize how hard it is for us, but I can only imagine how hard it is for my papa. He shared everything with her for 15 years. The best 15 years of my mothers life.

This is my mother and my papa. Easter of 2012. I have more recent photos of her, however; some of her last wishes were to not show those photos. She didn't like being in a Halo when she broke her neck and so she didn't like her picture taken. The last pictures I actually have of her was a couple months before her death on Christmas.
4 months after this photo was taken we all found out she had head and neck cancer. Her cancer treatments started 1 day after Christopher's 2nd birthday.





This was my mothers Memorial Service. I took a few more photos, but I won't bombard you, so I'll just share this one. <3










The tattoo I got the day of her memorial service. It's in honor of my mother. It has a lily of one of her favorite colors. The ribbon is purple because of ALL cancers, although her specific cancers ribbon colors were burgundy and ivory. With a Halo above the ribbon. and it has when she was born and when she passed.






March 20th would have been her 66th Birthday. I miss her more and more everyday, but I know she is here in spirit, watching us all.

-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment