Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainy Monday, Dog Sitting, Pen-pals and notes, lists, and coupon binding......

Hello Everyone! Happy Monday! (Although Monday's aren't usually the best days of the week, but because I'm not working right now, all my days seem to be running together.)

Daisy and I have been having a ball while I have been dog sitting her. :) My pop is in NY right now, so she has been staying with me. She has "sort-of" gotten along with all the dogs, and she is freely roaming around the house, and I was even able to get her to go #1 and #2 in the backyard without having to take her for a "walk".
She sleeps in bed with me, but usually in the middle of the night she gets down for some water, and because she can't get back on the bed by herself, she sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed on this huge pillow that happened to fall to the floor.


My pen-pal and friend Becca sent me a note and a beautiful card bearing another note inside. :) I also got a "gift"-- some blue stars for her "blue period" that I will be putting to great use later this week :)
We have been friends and pen-pals for 10 years now. Starting out with Kiwibox and moving our way into different blogs, and facebook-- we have been conversing for a long while. She also has a "notebook" coming, and that by far is what I am looking forward to the most. A lot of our lives are in those notebooks. A lot of memories, and thoughts, and actions.
I cannot wait to share more with her as my life goes on. :)


For the past couple of weeks as you know I have been "saving" coupons and making small shopping trips. My first shopping trip with actual coupons saved my 45%. Although that is not 75-99% , I did not do anything extreme and I was happy about saving that amount. I scored a great deal on B1G1 Cereals and I was able to use coupons so now our family is stocked up with a bunch of different cereal. :) Thank you Amy for giving me the ideas and helping me get started.
This picture that you see is of my "lists". What I have to do each day and or what is approaching. I have a little black book and my May Book that helps me schedule things, but because I'm also on my computer, I just jot things down randomly to remember very quickly :)

And speaking of couponing... here is my new pride and joy-- my coupon binder. This is the ONLY thing I got EXTREME with. I love organization, and I need organization in my life in order to keep things all in tacked. I enjoy organizing and actually clipping my coupons. I used the help of The Krazy Coupon Lady for ideas on how to get started :) It has helped me a great deal!



Well... this is all for today! I hope again that everyone has a great Monday!

-Mel

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad the couponing is working out for you. I think saving 45% is great personally- that's more than what most people are doing and it's very manageable for you and you're not consumed by couponing or anything like that. I remember how you and Becca used to send notebooks and handwritten letters, that's so cool that you still do that, hardly anyone does now and it's like a lost art or something. I still love getting actual mail from people (and I loved the little card you sent as well, it's up at my desk as we speak).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And Thank You for getting me started! :) I enjoy the handwritten and creating aspect I get when doing cards. I am so glad you liked yours :) (I wasn't sure if you had a bed, bath, and beyond near you, but I figured you wouldn't mind a coupon :))

      Delete
  2. Hey Mel! I can finally respond to some of your entries again, now that I'm back on my computer. :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed the handwritten notes! Yeah, as Amy said, snail mail is becoming a lost art. I hope that it will be forever alive. :)

    Best wishes with couponing. For me, it seems overwhelming. So many of them to go around. Maybe someday I'll be into it, but I'm barely organized as it is. I would need to learn organization first. Haha.

    Oooh, I love pet-sitting. It's so fun. I've done it for my parents and for a couple of church friends. I've only pet-sat for a chocolate lab, a cat, a sheltie and a black lab though. I've never pet-sat for any amphibians or bugs though. Ick.

    As I mentioned to you the other day, I love making "to do" lists. :D

    Have a good afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Do Lists are a GREAT form of organization Becca!!!
      I didn't like starting out couponing. I tried it ONCE a couple of years ago, and kind of gave up because I kept thinking of it as "EXTREME COUPONING" the show... and that's not how it is at all! I am EXTREMELY happy to save 50% on a shopping trip. I'll be going to the dollar tree soon to try it out! :)

      Have a great day!
      -Mel

      Delete
  3. Mindsets & Lifestyles have to change....or it will keep passing on to all generations...Praying that change will come.... Professional Pet Sitter

    ReplyDelete