Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fathers Day, Physical Therapy, Pre-school, and COUPONING AT DOLLAR GENERAL.....

Hello Everyone! I'm sorry that it has been a little while since I have written.

Fathers Day was nice. Chris and I washed Kevin's bike in the morning/ish, swam in the pool with Christopher and then that night Chris and I saw This is the End.

We weren't able to see Pop that day because he was still in New York with his family. We'll be celebrating Fathers Day later this week with him :)

2 days later I was supposed to go to Physical Therapy but workers comp did not approve of Moore Ortho because they were not in network. So my next physical therapy appointment is Friday at 9:30am at Progressive Physical Therapy.


Thursday Christopher went to his very first "preschool" kids club at a local church. :) It was for a couple hours and he had a BLAST! When we came back to pick him up at noon, he gave us hugs and kisses and he gave me a cross he colored that says his name, his age, his favorite colors, and foods :) He goes again on July 11th.

Saturday we went to the grocery store to do our usual "shopping trip". I scored my highest savings yet! I saved 49% at Dollar General and I was really happy. I'll show you a picture and a breakdown:

(I shared this on The Krazy Coupon Lady)

So I went shopping at Dollar General, just for a few things and scored a 49% savings which is my LARGEST so far! I just started couponing 3 weeks ago, and I am sooo happy to post a brag! :)
Here’s the breakdown:

Yellow Mustard: 1.00 (.30 MFR coupon [sunday insert], .24 store discount [save $5 every $20])= .46

Cascade complete 12ct: 3.50 (.50 MFR coupon [mailer], .85 store discount [save $5 every $20])= $2.15

Clorox 2: 4.25 (1.50 MFR coupon [coupons.com], 1.04 store discount [save $5 every $20])= $1.71

Windex Touchup: 3.50 (1.00 MFR coupon [coupons.com], .85 store discount [save $5 every $20])= $1.65

Planters Nuts: 2.50 (1.00 MFR coupon [coupons.com], .61 store discount [save $5 every $20])= .89

Snuggle Dryer sheets: 1.75 (.50 MFR coupon [coupons.com], .42 store discount [save $5 every $20])= .83

Pepto-Bismal: 2.25 (.50 MFR coupon [mailer], .55 store discount [save $5 every $20])= $1.20

3 Musketeer X2 (not pictured): 1.60 (.44 store discount [save $5 every $20])= 1.16

Grand Total: $10.90

Saved: $10.30

Today was rainy, so we didn't do much. Chris went to work this morning and I've done a couple loads of laundry.
I hope you guys have a great week and I will see you Friday!!!! :)

-Mel

1 comment:

  1. Hello, again!

    I hope that both of your Father's Day celebrations end up well. :D

    It looks like you're really getting it down with couponing. I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete