Monday, May 13, 2013

Home is where your Mom is...

5.11.13
Saturday--
Caroline and Nate's Gender reveal party was so much fun! While Esther watched Christopher, we headed out to their place and ate, played some games, found out the gender, and of course opened presents. Chris and I bought them a pack of newborn diapers and a little bath pack. Because we didn't know the gender prior, it was more of a diaper and toiletries party, so at her baby shower it'll be more of a gender themed gift. I already know what we're getting them!
TEAM PINK WON! THEY'RE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!! Paisley Claire will make her debut [approx] 10.15.13

All of us ladies were soooo happy! Glad I wore pink! We also got to see their gender reveal pictures and they were perfect! A lot of time and effort was put into the party planning, and I really enjoyed playing the games, and watching her open her gifts! She'll be a wonderful mommy!



5.12.13
Today--
My Mothers Day was relaxed. Christopher and I played outside for a little bit, I tanned, read my book, and watched Chris as he cleaned out our deep freezer. My mother was with me in spirit as I cried. Cried for losing my mom, and cried because I'll also be losing my aunt to cancer. (she is no longer responding). 
Kevin and Esther got me a pretty cute card with some cash inside to do whatever I want to with, and Chris made me a card (I have yet to see it). 
I made Esther a couple of things and luckily I have pictures, so I can show you down below!
                Esther's Mother Day Card made by yours truly! Thank goodness for Cricut Machines!
Inside the envelope we put a Mounds Bar and a Hershey's Bar (She doesn't care for Mounds) and the envelope is taped to a Mountain Dew bottle. I found this on Pinterest and thought it was the cutest thing! It says "Mounds of Thanks 4 all u Dew"
                              This is from Christopher to Esther. I still have yet to put it in a frame. 

So today has been bittersweet so to say. But everything will heal with time, and although it hurts to no longer have my mother around, and to find out that I am losing another relative to cancer, I consider myself blessed. I am blessed to have the family that I have. To have the love that I have. 

Happy Mothers Day!


-Mel

4 comments:

  1. Hi there :) I removed the link bc I didn't want people to think I was spamming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! :) Well welcome aboard! and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the "Gender Reveal" party was a blast! That's really neat that she waited to tell everyone together. Awww. It's a girl! How precious!

    As I mentioned before, you are very talented at your scrapbooking and card-making! Yeah, Cricuts look like they come in handy when you're into craft making almost full-time like that. If I get more into craft making, I'll consider getting one. :)

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Mel! That made me tear up! I didn't know you blogged this! That was such a special and amazing day and I am so glad you celebrated with is on one of our happiest days!

    ReplyDelete