Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy May, Movies, Balloons, Girl or Boy? and Mothers Day Weekend....

Hello Everyone! Hard to believe that it is already May, and the only reason why I say that is because if you lived in South Carolina you would know that the beginning of May was NOT pleasant at ALL! This is the 2nd Sunny Day!!! NO LIE... it rained for almost 2 weeks. UGH!

Chris and I went out on a date yesterday! Gosh it was really nice. I haven't been to the movies in awhile, I think the last movie we actually went to see in theaters was Hansel and Gretel and that was last year around the time that we moved into our in-laws. We really wanted to see Iron Man, and because the last time I saw a movie in Imax was at Disney World in 2008, we splurged and went and saw the movie in Imax 3D. It was a really good movie, and I enjoyed our date! We had icecream before the movie, and we had popcorn during the movie, and we came home and Dorito crusted chicken for dinner. (A very junk-food day apparently).

Today is my nieces Megan and Miranda's 12th Birthday! I made them a couple of birthday cards and I'll be sending them out tomorrow. ( A little late, but hey I've been busy).
Their brother Jake's 16th Birthday is later this month. I remember being 12 and 16. My 12th birthday was spent with my friend Rebecca, eating an icecream cake, and wearing pig-tails with overalls. My 16th birthday was spent with my friends Jocelyn, Lindsey, Mark and Neil, eating pizza, listening to music, eating cake, and we Lindsey glow-sticking for me.
Those  days seem like forever ago. I sometimes miss those days.

Saturday we will be going to a friends Gender Reveal. :) I've never been to one, so this should be interesting. She was my former boss at Wet Seal, and we've been friends since. I'm excited to see whether she is having a little girl or a little boy. She has asked each person to wear either Pink or Blue to cast a vote, so Chris and I are being cute and he is wearing blue, and I am wearing pink. The card I was crafting a couple weeks ago was for her!
It is also a diapers and toiletries party, so those are the types of gifts you're supposed to bring. (I won't say what we bought, just in case she happens to read this blog entry ;))

Sunday is Mothers Day!!!!! This year will be really hard and really different, because most Mothers Days I would spend going to my moms and my mother-in-laws. I am so happy that I have my little man to wake me up in the morning with kisses and to say happy mommy's day, because without him, I'm not sure how I would act for Mothers Day. I miss my mom. I miss her a lot. I have been giving Chris *subtle* hints for a Mothers Day present from him and Christopher, so it'll be exciting to see what he comes up with.


Well...
this is all for today :)
Happy May!!!


-Mel

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! For my 12th birthday, I went to Wednesday evening church, and we had cake and ice cream. My cake was Toy Story 2? themed... that was my last "juvenile" cake. Haha! And I do remember purple streamers in the living room... but I honestly can't remember what I got as far as presents that year. Oh, and if I remember correctly, I wore jeans, a short-sleeved navy blue t-shirt with a magenta-colored turtle neck underneath. Haha! My face shape doesn't go well with turtlenecks anymore.

    And for my 16th birthday, my parents and I went to Olive Garden (yum!), and I got a portable DVD player (which I still use sometimes to this day!), Tommy Girl perfume (which I only wore that one year!), and the Stacie Orrico CD. Yup, yup, yup.

    Happy May to you as well, even if I am 22 days late in wishing you this!

    ReplyDelete