Saturday, April 12, 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 12: Something That You MIss....

Hello Everyone! You can check out Day 11 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge Here: DAY 11

Something That You Miss

Not really a "Something" That I miss... but more like a "Someone". I really miss my mom.
Mom & Pop Easter 2012
This picture was a few months before she found out she had cancer. I miss her more and more everyday. But I know she is no longer suffering, because for the 6 months she had cancer... that is what she was: suffering. 
I watched her rapidly decline in health. Age hit her like a ton of bricks when she broke her neck. Our final Christmas with her was the most special. She passed away a day before Valentines 2013. 14 months ago, but it doesn't even feel like a year, and even when the years get longer, it will still feel like yesterday to me. 
I will always remember her last breath. I will always remember the look and smell of the rose my papa placed on her chest. 

So this is not "something" I miss...
It is Someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment