Thursday, April 17, 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 17: Why and When did you start blogging?

Hello Everyone! You can check out Day 16 of the 30 Day blog challenge here: DAY 16

Why and When did you start blogging?

I started "blogging" or journaling a long time ago. I started on paper and have always kept a Diary or journal around. 
I found kiwibox in 2001 and would write entries periodically. By 2003 and 2004 I made 2 friends I didn't know at the time would still be in my life today! 
Amy & Becca my "kiwibox" buds, and myself stopped using kiwibox when they had changed their site around, and deleted all of our blog entries. 
I friended them on facebook when it came around. And I follow both of their blogs. I send occasionally notes or letters to Amy (who lives in Charleston, SC and whom I still have yet to meet) and I am an active Pen Pal to Becca (Who lives in Ohio, and I also still have yet to meet)
I'm sure one day these ladies and I will catch up. Can you imagine the blog entries on that visit??? Or the pictures? or the memories?

I started writing my thoughts down when I was 5 because my therapist thought it was best to get thoughts out when my mom and dad were going through a separation. It helped a lot, and I believe I still have that diary in a box somewhere. 

I do it now to keep tabs on things I want to remember & I love adding pictures to memories and moments so that others can see as well.
I also like getting ideas out there that others believe in too. 
 A blog though, is nothing but words. I like it best when I can interact with others through comments, or follows :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment