Sunday, December 8, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Countdown, 17 Days until Christmas, Craft of the day: Scrapbooking Layouts...


Hello Everyone! Today I'm going to show you a couple of Christmas Scrapbooking layouts that I made from our extra Holiday Photo cards. :) Enjoy! 

This is the scrapbooking layout I made for Christopher's 1st Christmas. I used 2 different pieces of scrapbooking paper that I had from a Christmas Paper Pack. the green is a 12 X 12 piece, and I cut the red squares and pasted them in opposite corners. I used these colors because they went with our Christmas Photo Card from 2010. For the words "first" and the numbers "2010" I used Recollection stickers. Cornering the photo are 2 Christmas bells that are also from the Recollection sticker collection. The lights up top are also sticker embellishments (however I cannot remember which brand they are) The top says "We wish you a Merry Christmas" and it is a chipboard sticker, along with the "Christmas" sticker that completes the words First Christmas 2010. I also added a pretty Christmas wreath in the corner.

This is another scrapbooking layout I did, but this one was using last years Christmas photo card. I'm thinking of entering this one in the fair next year! 

I used a paper pack for these, 3 different pages. There was the red. The striped red and white. and then there was the red and white with birds and flowers design. The red is 12 X 12. I'm unsure of the dimensions of the other pieces, because I didn't measure it... I did it by eye. I glued the red and white striped first, and then the red and white with design last. I then added our Christmas card photo. Outlining that is some Gold Ribbon that came in a Christmas Kit I got a couple years ago. That kit also came with the Ornament and Snowflake sticker you see on opposite corners. The 2012 was use with Recollection Vellum Stickers. On the Ribbon is a beautiful sticker I received in a bag of stickers I bought earlier this year from a lady selling them on a site for cheap. It has music notes and it says "we wish you a merry christmas"
On the top is Merry Christmas with different stickers that came with that pack, and that was by Recollections as well.
I usually match my colors by the photo so that I know they match. :)

Tomorrow I will be showing you a kids craft that my little boy helped me with! A Snowman! :)

Until tomorrow...


-Mel

1 comment:

  1. It's always interesting seeing babies with "Baby's First Christmas" for the year that they were born... but only because I was born in '87 but my "Baby's First Christmas"wasn't until '88. And the same is for you.
    You're really good with color-matching and making the correct shades of red & green match up.

    ReplyDelete