Wednesday, January 8, 2014

TAG... You're It! Mommy Survey's from a fellow Mother....

Hello Everyone! Today is a special entry because I was tagged in two "survey" type blog posts from my friend Caroline, centered around Mommy Activities! (If you click on her name above it brings you to her new Mommy Blog!)

A little history first on Caroline and Myself before I begin. We were managers at Wet Seal, and although I working there before she was, she was good friends with Autumn, the store manager, and she became the Co-Manager & recommended me as an assistant manager a little after she met me. She has been a friend of mine for awhile... and although our lives changed, and went in different directions we still have kept in touch with each other through the years, and we'll probably talk a lot more because not too long ago she had a baby girl--- Paisley :) In fact, I did a few blog posts about her gender reveal. You can read them here and here.

So here it goes! :)

SURVEY #1

 1.       How many kids do you have and what ages? I have 1 son, age 3.

2.       Do you feel like you have it all together every day? Absolutely NOT! I have some medical issues going on right now, so everything is pretty chaotic. We're also not living in our home, so we share a home with my in-laws.

3.       When do you make time to shower? Day or night? I shower whenever someone is able to watch Christopher. So it could be day or night.

4.       Do you wear makeup every day? NO! If we go out, then I slap on some eye liner.

5.       Do you style your hair every day or ponytail it? If I have to be somewhere, I'll straighten it. If not, it goes in a messy bun on the top of my head.

6.       When do you find time to do your hair and makeup? Depends... usually little man comes into the bathroom with my and watches. When I'm finished he gives me a kiss and says "Very Pretty Mommy" (because his daddy taught him to say that, heehee)

7.       Do you work out and when? I do a few exercises for my knee every morning and evening. I can't do much right now because of it, but when it is better I'll be working out 5 days a week :)

8.       What’s your house cleaning schedule? Do you clean daily? Right now it's scattered depending on how I feel during the day, but yes I clean daily because I have a toddler running around, and too many toys that I could possibly step on (Step on a Lego and tell me it doesn't hurt..... )

9.       Do you ever get overwhelmed with all of your responsibilities as a mom? Not so much when he was a newborn... but now... yes. And sometimes I feel like I'm a horrible mom if he wears the same shirt 2 days in a row... but what can I do? I love him to death... and his shirts don't get that dirty... unless he's been outside.

10.   How often do you have alone/me time and how do you relax? Every night when Christopher goes to bed, the days that I have to go to a doctor appointment or meeting, or a night when Chris and I can go out and his grandma watches him.


SURVEY #2

1. Are you a SAHM or working mom? I am a SAHM currently (Stay At Home Mom, for those that don't know)


2. Would you have it any other way? Yes Actually. It might sound horrible to say, but I cannot wait to get back to work. I don't have the patience as some, so going to work for a few hours and being away gives me time to clear my head. I love my son with all my heart, and I love being a mom.... but sometimes Mommy needs to get out too.


3. Do you co-sleep? Some-what yes. At night he falls asleep in our bed, and we move him to his own bed. But sometimes in the middle of the night, he will crawl into bed with mommy and daddy.


4. One must have gear for baby? When Christopher was a baby, our one must have gear was a paci.


5. How many kids do you plan on having? Three more--- so that would make it 4. But whatever happens... happens :)


6. Date night? How many nights (or day) per month? Depends. Usually we'll go out by ourselves on "special" occasions only... like Birthdays, Mothers Day, Fathers Day.... we don't really go out....


7. Your child's favorite show? At the moment--- Team UmiZoomi.


8. Name 1 thing you bought before you had your baby and you never ended up using? We used everything we bought. So if I had to choose--- his baby carrier. I only used it twice. Chris said he used it about a handful of times.


9. Your child's favorite food? It's a tie! Between Pizza & PB & J.


10. How many cars does your family have? 1


11. Weight gain before pregnancy, during and after, and now? I was 135lbs when I got pregnant with Christopher. I had just had surgery 2 months prior and lost about 25 lbs. During pregnancy I gained 72lbs :( I got down to 150lbs, and because of my knee issues I haven't been able to run or dance to really lose weight... so I gained a lot back and am now 170lbs.


12. Dream vacation with your kiddos? Disney World! I loved it when Chris and I went for our Honeymoon, and because we're such "kids" at heart... I cannot wait to take our child/ren


13. Dream vacation without the kiddos? Italy. That was our original destination for our honeymoon--- but it never happened. Maybe for our 25th??? :)


14. How has your life changed since your baby has been born? A lot. I grew up a lot. I learned to love someone else more than I thought was humanly possible.


15. Finish the sentence: "It makes my heart melt to see......" Christopher's smile when he sees us walk in the door.


16. Where do you shop for your kids? Once Upon A Child!  or Target & Walmart :)


17. Favorite make-up and skin care products? I only use eyeliner & mascara. any will do.


18. Huggies diaper jeans: yay or nay? I thought they were cute when they came out, but we never had Christopher wear them.


19. Have you always wanted kids? NO! It wasn't until I was about 17 I started really wanting to be a mother .


20. Best part about being a mom? Everything... including the temper tantrums :)


I hope everyone enjoyed these! Thank you Caroline :)


Hope everyone has a good day!


-Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment